Because it helps you feel good! This is a simple, but true explanation. Meditation lends itself to a calm, clear, and focused mind. It works to cultivate mindful awareness and to expand consciousness. And it is accessible to anyone who is interested in trying it! While each one of us might approach this practice in a unique way, the tremendous health and wellness benefits have become widely recognized. From relief of stress and anxiety to an improved sense of self; this practice holds great power to improve each of our lives if we make space for it. Working with a trained instructor can help you create a practice that works for you.
I incorporate meditation in a variety of ways both in and out of sessions. From simple present moment mindfulness exercises to longer guided meditations. These are all doorways into self-exploration. You may be a beginner who is interested in experimenting, or bring your own meditation practice to our sessions in a way that feels right for you. I will work with you to customize a practice that feels natural and supportive. Typically, I begin and end each session with a meditation to clear our space and set an intention, and close each meeting with a short session to honor our work and your time spent inward. Ultimately, we can work into your mind-body energy as much or as little as you prefer.
WHY IT'S BENEFICIAL TO CREATE A PRACTICE WITH A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
- creating mantras and self affirmations based on our therapy sessions
- working into specific energy centers that you may personally struggle with
- identifying links between throughts, behaviors, and feelings
- discussion and reflection of root issues causing stress
- incorporating shadow work; confronting dark and difficult emotions that arise with a professional rather than bypassing or avoiding